Friday, June 6, 2008

Magazine Article Photo Shoot

So, I get this call...


...from a young editor of a relatively new Cleveland journal called Cleveland Business Connect. She's writing an article on molecular gastronomy. Oh, boy...in Cleveland? The community here is pretty small, so I referred her to the few chef's I know who play with this stuff. I do not...not much anyway; however, I am very interested in borrowing a few techniques toward my own ends. Of course, I can't pass up an opportunity to be interviewed and I've no shortage of opinion. It will be interesting to see what she makes of my comments. Of couse, I'll report here with a transcript or a link. More interestingly, the magazine photographer followed up the next day, asking to do a photo shoot. So early this morning, I met the guy at my friends restaurant (Doug Katz is a gracious man) and I plated a couple things. What follows are the pictures I took with my point and shoot. Fortunately, I should have some of the pro shots to post in the near future. Enjoy these for now.
...

Carrot Cube and Sous Vide Beet Ravioli (Goat Cheese) with Carrot Power and Beet Foam

...

Pictured below is a Terrine of Sous Vide White Asparagus and Shiitake Mushrooms with Mushroom "Crumbs"