Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What Restaurant?

shifting gears
It's easy enough to say that 2008 held many changes for the US. It's also been a year of dramatic change and development for me personally. Those two facts directly result in news relevant to this blog. In light of the downward-spiralling economy and a tug in a different professional direction, I have returned the money raised and withdrawn the financing for a restaurant. I would like to thank the many people who gave me great encouragement and support. And I can tell you that were the economy different than it is, I would be in a much different place. Do all things happen for a reason? Perhaps. What remains true is that life tends to hold answers no matter what fortunes or misfortunes befall us. My new direction is not yet completely shaped, although I hope to have news of that in the Spring. What I will tell you is that it should allow me to enjoy a much more diverse life of activity (I have many interests), the likes of which I have not been able to enjoy since leaving Ithaca more than seven years ago. The time has come, the Walrus said...