Tuesday, April 14, 2009

quick update

hello friends
...
I've had a little more than a week at the new job. It's going very well; meaning, I like the family, I like the challenges, I look forward to the many meals and channelling my creativity. Every once in a while, I'll try to take some food pictures. So, this quick post is just to say, "All is well!"
...
Lots of bloggers, with pages more elaborately garnished than mine, include a "what I've been reading" gadget. It's nice really (I enjoy it on other pages), but it's not for me. The times when I feel a link is important, I'll insert a hyperlink into the text (scroll through old posts for many examples, most of these are for reference). However, every once in an while, when I read something that I want to share, I'll put the link into a post (not a side bar) with an explanation.
...
A post or two ago, I extolled the virtues of a Chilean sauv blanc. Sauvignon Blanc has become my favorite white (at least, for the time being). Of sauv blancs, I particularly like Sancerre. So, it is of special interest that I read this, which is not only about Sancerre, but references the region of which I wrote. With this post, I'll create a new, temporary, honorary award: good buy wine of the month. It's goes to the afore-posted Cono Sur Vision Sauvignon Blanc for being everything one might expect from a Sancerre, yet at 11.99. Try it, love it. And if you do try it, please let me know what you think.
...
A votre sante.