Saturday, February 2, 2008

Petit Soleil, The Restaurant News

...the next moves...

January saw a few nudges forward. February should bring more. I met with the owners again, and the artichect again. For the first time since conversations started, I will be sent a bill for his time and minimal work so far. However, now begins the "real" work for me, negotiating the responsibilities for the demo and renovations, working on the build out, securing the financing, and negotiating the lease terms. So far all the numbers look in line. Aside from "soft costs" (legal and artichect fees, etc.) We are looking at a total project cost in the neighborhood of 300,000 dollars. That's from demo to build-out to plates, tables and chairs. I am asking the owners for a responsibility and contribution for much of the demo and renovation work, covering a bit more than a third of the projects costs. Funds from my backers will cover more nearly half of the total project costs. The remainder for opening and operating will come from loans (if I can get one, or a line of credit, or both--these are tough times as we all know). The steps in a project like this one are not linear and the numbers my architect/project coordinator gives will be fluid by necessity, although bound by a budget. It is, altogether, very exciting. The immediate next steps are the critical ones: securing the financing and laying out the project costs in detail.

...

You know, I have been so slack with updates, I'm not sure what I've written about the place. I think I've got a photo or two of the place to dig up. Let's see what I can find....

...

The front corner (pans for a patio beside the building)
...

The interior (view from kitchen towards street entrance)

There is a lower level with private dining room, office and prep kitchen.